In pharmacy school, you will quickly learn that maintaining your physical health and well-being is just as important as focusing on your grades. One of the best ways to ensure that you are able to maintain your mental focus and stamina throughout your day of classes, is with a nutritious breakfast. Below, I have included an “Overnight Oats” recipe, which is a very simple breakfast option that can be prepared the night before and enjoyed in the morning on the go!
- ½ cup Old Fashioned Quaker Oats
- ½ cup non-fat milk (or you could substitute with almond milk)
- ½ cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. chia seeds (optional)
- 1 cup of fresh cut strawberries
- First, add the Quaker Oats into your container of choice. I would recommend using either a mason jar or a Rubbermaid container with a lid.
- Next, pour the milk of your choice into the container with the oats.
- Following, add the Greek yogurt and the chia seeds to the container/jar using a spoon to form a layer.
- Lastly, add a layer of freshly cut strawberries on top of the yogurt (roughly 3-4 strawberries depending on their size).
- Place the lid on top of jar and allow the oats to steep for at least 8 hours overnight in the refrigerator.
- After 8 hours, remove the jar from the refrigerator and stir the ingredients together before eating!