One of my favorite things is to try new, yummy, and semi-healthy recipes. However, with school it is extremely hard (not to mention overwhelming) to find the time to make these recipes during the week all while navigating coursework. This is where my Crockpot enters. I LOVE to start my crockpot during our lunch break and have it ready in time for dinner. I have attached a hearty recipe below that takes hardly any prep time and is simply delicious! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! Happy studying and eating!
- 1 lb lean ground turkey or hamburger meat
- 1 medium diced onion
- 1 packet of Ranch seasoning
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1 32 oz box of Swanson Chicken Broth
- 2 14.5 oz cans of diced tomatoes, with chiles (Rotel is the brand I use)
- 5 oz can black beans, drained
- 5 oz can kidney beans, drained
- 1 can corn, drained
- Cook ground turkey (or hamburger) meat in the skillet, drain grease
- Add ground meat to crockpot along with the other ingredients
- Cook on high for 4 hours
- Garnish with sour cream and cheddar cheese and enjoy!
Madison Saint-Amand, P3